LSBU Badminton Club - A Game For All Levels
Squad Training: Monday 7am - 9am / Club Session: Friday 3.30 - 5.30 pm
Location: The Castle Centre, Elephant & Castle - 2 St Gabriel Walk, London, SE1 6FG
Join us to be part of one of the best Sports club in LSBU, available for all standards of player. We provide socials, competitive inter-university competitions and much more!
There are many reasons why you should come down and give the Men’s LSBU Badminton a go - for one, badminton is the fastest racquet sport in the world with a shuttle that can travel at a speed of over 200mph. However, what we pride ourselves on is being the most inclusive club in the university. You can play singles to increase your fitness, or you can play doubles if you want to have a bit more fun. When you join our club, you’ll find that you’ll be off court occasionally. During those times, you’ll get to mingle, socialise and make lots of new friends. But, rest assured that you will get to play with players of all levels, no matter what your skill level is.
The club takes the training session seriously which is why most members who consistently attend team training have a higher chance of competing for the university in our Mixed Friendly Sunday League or even in the British University and Colleges League (BUCS) games. We want you to be as involved as possible.
We also organise fun events the members, as well as merging with the Women’s Badminton Club on a regular basis. Some examples are Top golf, Paintballing, Casino, Ice skating, Laser Tag, Arcade, Bowling and more. When we're not out at an event, we will have weekly socials at the Student Union or at some of the local student bars and hangouts. For the first time since the inception of the LSBU Badminton Club, we are offering a range of experiences not offered before:
- A chance for anyone to play in the London University's Sunday League Badminton games;
- Monthly large-scale social events;
- Guaranteed weekly social events;
- Access for spectators to BUCS League games;
- Live broadcasting of all BUCS League games on our Facebook page;
- A chance to win a completely free membership courtesy of the LSBU Men's Badminton Committee;
- And so much more...
No matter who you are, whether you have never picked up a racquet or have played competitively, we are committed to bringing you only the best and most inclusive experiences possible!
We look forward to seeing you soon and we hope you enjoy a fantastic year, not just at LSBU Badminton but at LSBU as a whole!
LSBU Mixed Badminton League
From January, the LSBU Badminton Club will initiate the first ever inter-club competition for its members. The competition will be mixed doubles The tournament will run till the end of the semester, for each Friday session To take advantage of these activities, it is important that you arrive early, in order for matches to go smoothly. Big prizes guaranteed for winner.
- The league will run every Friday session of the 2nd semester.
- The pairings must be mixed doubles.
- Once the pairings finalised contact the league organiser.
- Team players cannot compete together.
- Late entries are allowed.
- Teams will require to be on time in order for the session to run smoothly. Late comers may receive a penalty (reduction of points).
- Games will be first to 21 points (one set only).
- Each win will be worth 3 points.
- Each loss will result in a reduction of a point.
- Results should be reported to the league organiser straight after the game.
- If you’re unable to make a session notify the league organiser by Thursday.
- Some sessions will have ‘POWER PLAY’ where points can be doubled or tripled.
- The top three pairings will receive a prize.
- 1st pairing will receive a brand new high-quality racquet.
- 2nd pairing will receive a free meal at the End of Year dinner.
- 3rd pairing will receive a wooden spoon and sweets.
President: James Pinkney: email@example.com