The Occupational Therapy Society is a student-led society at LSBU which aims to be an inclusive, fun and friendly society! We welcome people from all backgrounds and academic disciplines and offer a range of continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities, journal club, interprofessional learning, workshops, an annual conference and social events.
The OT Society has won the LSBU Student Union Society of the Year award in 2016, 2017 and 2019, and our annual conference gained the national student union nomination for Best Event of the Year in 2019. As we enter our sixth year, we invite you to join us as we continue to build upon the success of previous years—let’s make this year the best one yet!
Annual Membership includes:
- Free admission to majority of society events held at LSBU (admission is £3/event for non-members) *excluding annual conference
- Discounted tickets to LSBU OT Society Annual Conference (£10/ticket for members, £18/ticket for LSBU students&staff who are non-members and £22/ticket for everyone else)
- Prizes for attending society events such as tickets to occupational therapy or LSBSU events
- Bi-monthly OT Society Newsletter with contemporary issues and information around occupational therapy and healthcare
- Fun freebies for members!
Upcoming Events (subject to change)
Click here to access our eventbrite page for more details
Many events have been cancelled due to COVID-19- we apologise and appreciate your understanding as we all navigate through these uncertain times.
Elections for the 2020/21 academic year are rapidly approaching! If you are interested in taking up a position on the committee next year, please feel free to contact with any questions you might have. Additionally, here is some information about elections and the committee position roles:
Committee Position Roles
Click on the links below to view our newsletters
2019/20 Academic Year:
2018/19 Academic Year:
If you have any comments or feedback for us please click HERE (it's anonymous).
**Please Note: ALL membership needs to be renewed at the beginning of each academic year. Join now to take full advantage of what the society has to offer!!**
Elyssa Grief President
Sarah Edwards Secretary
Christopher Playford Treasurer
Caroline Irwin Marketing & Social Media Chair
Nettie Brill Conference Coordinator
Rachel Cooney Occupational Therapy Week Coordinator
Lucinda Burnett Newsletter Editor
Christina Bisgrove Journal Club Lead
Charlotte Lane First Year Representative