Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2019
Tuesday 19 February 2019, 4pm - 6pm - LR17
Tuesday 19 February 2019
"But what is an AGM?"
Well, it is your chance, as a student and member of the Students' Union, to hold the Union to account, to find out what we've been up to, to challenge and debate with us, and to be able talk about what campaigns and actions the Union is/should be taking.
The AGM is also the place where students are presented with, and are responsible for, passing the Students’ Union’s Financial Accounts. But mostly, it's a great opportunity to directly engage with the Students' Union in one of the most important activities of the Union's democratic calendar. #YesDemocracy
- Attendance - We need 50+ members for AGM to be "valid" and able to take place
- Annual Accounts for Financial Year 2017/18 - See how the SU performed financially last year and how it's spending its money
- Motions - Discuss and vote on the ideas of students and how they direct the Union, you can even submit one (see below)
- Officer Reports - Find out from the Full Time and Part-Time Officers about what they have been up to and ask them questions.
- Questions to the Trustees - The Trustees are ultimately responsible for the SU, and you can ask them some of the "bigger questions" on the SU.
- Any other business - Some things don't fit neatly in a box, this is a chance to raise any other ideas and ask any questions.
"What is a Motion?"
A Motion is a document that is submitted for dicussion by a member (you.) It will state something that you would like to see happen or change at the Students' Union or something you would like the SU to campaign and work on... it's a bit like a law. Then people will discuss and eventually vote on it.
To help you with writing and submitting a motion (or 2) check out this helpful presentation. If you have any questions about writing a motion before you submit one, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help
"How do I submit a Motion?"
Submitting a Motion is easy. All you have to do is complete the simple "Motion Submission Form" here and select the motion to go to AGM. The deadline for this is Monday 11th February.
You can access all the documents for AGM here. This will include the agenda, a copy of any motions submitted, reports and the financial accounts.
Can't be there?
Join us online at www.lsbsu.org/electionslive
Or submit your questions via this link