Emergency First Response (First Aid) Course
Wednesday 27 February 2019, 10am - 6pm - BR 470
Wednesday 27 February 2019
This certified course is for:
- Students who are on sports team committees,
- Any member of a sports team who wishes to know about first aid,
- Any London South Bank University student who wishes to know about first aid,
- An external person to the university who wishes to gain a qaulification in first aid for greater confidence in dealing with injuries/ illness,
- Anybody who wishes to take the PADI Rescue Diver course.
Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) teaches participants how to respond to life-threatening emergencies. The course focuses on primary care through a combination of knowledge development, skill development and realistic scenario practice to make sure participants have the confidence in their ability to provide care when emergency situations arise.
Primary Care (CPR) skills taught in this course:
- Scene Assessment, Barrier Use, Primary Assessment, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Serious Bleeding Management, Shock Management, Spinal Injury Management, Conscious and Unconscious Choking Management.
Emergency First Response Secondary Care (first aid) covers injuries or illnesses that are not immediately life threatening. Participants focus on secondary assessment and first aid through knowledge development, skill development and realistic scenario practice.
Secondary Skills taught in this course:
- Injury Assessment
- Illness Assessment
- Splinting for Dislocations and Fractures
Includes first aid treatment reference for the following emergencies:
Allergic Reactions (incl. anaphylaxis), Asthma, Bruises, Burns, Chemical Burns, Choking (adult, child, infant), CPR (adult, child, infant), Cuts, Dental Injuries, Diabetic Problems, Dislocations and Fractures, Electrical Injuries, Eye Injuries, First Aid Kit Assembly, Fish Spine Injury, Frostbite, Heat Exhaustion, Heatstroke, Heart Attack, Hypothermia, Insect Stings, Jellyfish Stings, Octopus Bites, Poisoning, Scrapes, Seizures, Snake Bites, Spider Bites, Sprains and Strains, Stroke, Temperature Related Injuries and Venomous Bites and Stings.
The course consists of self-completion of 2 knowledge reviews prior to the course (Primary Care & Secondary Care), a video, practice sessions for all the skills, 2 multiple choice examinations (Primary Care & Secondary Care) and 2 final practical assessments (Primary Care & Secondary Care).
Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded with a 2 year accrediation in Emergency First Reponse Primary and Secondary Care.
LSBSU Sports Committee Members - Free
LSBU Students - discounted to £50
Students from other Institutions - discounted to £80 (please email email@example.com to book your place, and we will raise an invoice for you)
Usual course cost - £95