Careers at South Bank Students' Union
This page is all about working in a career role at the union as part of our staff team.
For Student Jobs please click here where you can find out about current available Student Staff project and part-time roles for LSBU students.
South Bank Students’ Union is on a mission to totally transform the way a students’ union works in a modern university.
Based at the heart of London’s Elephant & Castle, we are working towards our new 2025 ambition to become a relevant, responsive and truly transformative students’ union that improves the lives of students on every course and beyond at London South Bank University - representing students’ academic interests and contributing to a prosperous, thriving and civic learning community.
We are often looking for outstanding and energised professionals to join us in a number of roles across the organisation - taking forward the union’s operations and supporting students at LSBU to reach their true potential.
If you're looking for a career with a difference, take a look at our available roles below.
How to apply
- If any roles are available, download the Recruitment Pack for the role you're interested in
- Read through and understand more about the opportunity and the role
- Note the recruitment timeline and any deadlines
- Read the application steps at the end of the recruitment pack
- Submit your application to email@example.com
Working at South Bank Students' Union
Working in a students' union is a unique, exciting and fun place to build a career.
With a purpose-driven mission to make London South Bank University a place where every student can reach their true potential, we are a charity with a difference: developing and driving opportunities, activities, support and campaigns that represent and champion students' academic interests.
- A great place to work - whether you're starting your career, looking for a change or been working in education and students' unions for a while, South Bank Students' Union is an exciting, fresh and energetic place to work. Usually based at the heart of London's Elephant & Castle, we offer an incredible opportunity to make a difference at one of the most diverse institution's in the country.
- A great place to develop - we offer a great benefits package including flexible working, a pension, over 26 days of holiday and an extensive professional and personal development programme.
- A great place to thrive - as a growing charity we have a range of opportunities to help build your leadership skills, whilst contributing as part of a highly dynamic and high performing team. Driven by a 2025 strategy, we are focused on achieving results and developing our people and resources to get there.
Our committment to diversity
We strongly welcome applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds and those who have overcome barriers in their lives and encourage Black candidates and those from BAME and other minority backgrounds to apply for our roles. We believe that the union should reflect the people and communities that it seeks to serve and are committed to creating a safe and supportive working environment.
Should you wish to have an informal conversation a member of the team about suitability for any of our roles please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org where a member of the team will be able to allocate somebody to speak to you about a specific role.
We also recognise that this recruitment process, and the opportunity to join the organisation, is taking place during a period of major instability and uncertainty in the wider world. Should any candidate or prospective applicant require particular arrangements or support related to this process or in attending a digital interview, we will work with you to support this as much as possible. We seek to ensure the accessibility of our recruitment processes so please let us know at any point during the process via email@example.com.