Setting Up A New Sports Club
LSBU has over 20 student Sports Clubs, however if you can’t find one you like, you can easily start your own. In order to get approved your club must meet the following criteria:
- The new Club’s core activities must not overlap with any existing LSBSU Sports Club.
- It must be open and available to all members of the University.
- It must have the potential to attract a minimum number of members, as agreed with the Student Sport and Activities Manager. The default number of members is 20.
- Its activities must not conflict with the constitution of LSBSU, its values, bylaws or Articles of Association. Furthermore, it must not conflict with any values, rules or regulations of LSBU.
- It must be practical for LSBSU Sport to support the club and its activities.
Does your club meet the criteria? If so, apply by completing the New Club Application Form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we've checked that it fits with the above criteria we'll contact you to discuss setting up the club accounts and moving forward.
Development Fund: How Do I Apply?
The Development Fund is available exclusively to new Sports Clubs. New Clubs can apply for a grant to help trial their activities and to help to establish their new club in the LSBU community. If your application is successful, you can use the grant for new equipment, facility hire or any other costs incurred in putting on the activity.
Your application will need to demonstrate and contribute to the aims of LSBU and LSBSU. Acceptable aims include:
- Bringing students together in sociable activities that add value to the LSBU community.
- Increasing the opportunities and recognition for skill development at LSBU.
- Making LSBU Sport more visible so that students can benefit from what is on offer.
Applications are accepted at any point throughout the year and will be discussed by the Sports Forum at their monthly meeting.